Derry Wellness Centre Inc.
About the Organization:
Derry Wellness Centre prides itself in providing top-notch services in Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Chiropractor, Acupuncture and orthotics. We believe that every individual has a right to good health and proper medical care.
We had already served a significant number of patients. Our team comprises of trained, experienced and qualified specialists. We believe in giving our patients a listening ear and a caring hand.
About the Opportunity:
Derry Wellness Centre is looking for a Fulltime Physiotherapist Assistant (PTA) to join our dynamic team. This is a permanent full-time job position that requires performing various physiotherapists and related treatments.
The job is characterized by the fact-paced environment that requires strong customer service and physiotherapists skills.
About the Location:
We are located at 2891 Derry Road East in Mississauga. The main intersection is Airport Rd and Derry Rd.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and implement treatment plans designed by Physiotherapist.
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist including but not limited to application of modalities. (i.e. heat, ice, ultrasound, IFC), teaching exercises to clients, etc.
- Fit patients for orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devises such as crutches.
- Provide necessary instructions to patients in exercise therapy and proper use of mobility aids.
- Communicating, reporting, patient follow up calls, updating patient progress to treating Physiotherapist.
- Maintain all equipment, laundry, and clean up.
- Provide Assistance with general clinic daily operations, including front end coordination and billing.
- Perform other related duties that are directed by Physiotherapist.
About the JOB Requirements and qualification:
- Minimum 2 years of experience is required in Clinical setting or related field.
- First Aid (CPR & AED) Certification.
- PTA/OTA diploma or degree in Kinesiology.
- Work well in a fast paced, team environment, and ability to work flexible hours.
- First class communication skills and an ability to quickly understand and act on questions raised by clients in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated with a diligent and detailed approach to completing tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A high degree of initiative and independence.
- This position requires flexible hours and evenings and weekends working hours are required.
- Deep knowledge of different physical therapy techniques
About the Working Hours, Salary and How to Apply:
Working Hours: It is a permanent full-time job position that required minimum of 32-40 hours per week.
Job Salary: $23.50 per hour.