GP Home Developments Ltd.
GP Home Developments Ltd. located in Surrey, BC is looking for a qualified Carpenter to join our growing team. We provide services for residential and commercial projects.
Number of positions: 1
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $27.00 per hour
Start date: As soon as possible
Work locations: Candidates are required to work at various locations in Lower Mainland, Greater Vancouver, and Fraser Valley and/or as per company contracts
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Physically demanding
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings, perform calculations and prepare layouts.
- Precisely measure, cut, shape and assemble the framing lumber needed to build residential or commercial projects.
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware.
- Finish surface of woodwork in houses and building, using hand tools and paneling.
- Work on new projects, remodels or additions to existing wooden structures.
- Operate power as well as hand tools.
- Supervise other construction workers.
- Completion of high School
- Completion of 3-4-year apprenticeship program or at least 3 years of experience in trade
- Essential Skills: Reading text, Document use, Numeracy and Writing, Decision Making
- Ability and willingness to work independently with limited supervision
- Positive and cooperative attitude
- Personal integrity and sense of responsibility
- If any of the current employee of the company makes a referral that results into hire, the company will pay $500 referral to that employee.
- If any of the current employees is interested in going back to school to improve their skills, the company will provide a reimbursement for up to $1000.00 CAD to cover courses fees.