Singleton Urquhart Reynolds Vogel LLP
Calgary and Edmonton, AB
#25 – 1725 – 30th Avenue NE
Calgary, AB T2E 7P6
9856A – 33rd Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T6N 1C6
We are a credit counselling and debt consolidation service that provides expert advice on debt negotiations, all with a view to protecting our clients' assets and safeguarding their rights. We have offices throughout Alberta. We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Accounting Technician to join our busy team. This is a full-time, permanent position that will be based out of our offices at #25 – 1725 – 30th Avenue NE, Calgary, AB, and at 9856A – 33rd Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T6N 1C6, with the incumbent working three days per week out of our Calgary office and two days per week at our Edmonton office. Compensation for travel and subsidized accommodation at the company's house in Edmonton is included.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include maintaining the company's financial records; establishing, maintaining and balancing various accounts; reconciling invoices and identifying discrepancies; creating and updating expense reports; processing reimbursement forms; processing accounts receivable (DEFT/EFT) using bank software and Quickbooks; entering financial transactions into the company's databases; working with journals, sales and purchase ledgers, and spreadsheets; maintaining digital and physical financial records; issuing invoices to customers and external partners, as required; preparing financial and accounting records; and participating in quarterly and annual audits.
- Successful completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field, and at least three years' experience as an Accounting Technician.
- Must have knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures, along with good math and proofreading skills.
- Must be highly skilled with MS Excel and Quickbooks programs.
- The position requires an incumbent who has strong organizational skills and is detail-oriented; must be able to handle sensitive, confidential information.
- Strong time management skills are required, along with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision and have the ability to take the initiative.
- Must have a reliable vehicle for travel between offices or be willing to take alternate transportation.
- Strong English communication (reading, writing, speaking) skills required.
- Ability to communicate in a second language (such as Hindi or Mandarin) an asset.
Salary & Benefits
The position pays $30.00 per hour, based on a 40 hour work week. Travel time between Calgary and Edmonton is included in the 40 hours per week.
Benefits include extended health and dental coverage, life insurance and 2 weeks' vacation per year. Cost of gasoline is reimbursed at $0.50 per litre when travelling on company business between Calgary and Edmonton; cost of transportation will be reimbursed if alternate transportation is used.
While in Edmonton, the incumbent will be provided with subsidized accommodation at the company's house, if desired.