Manager of Infrastructure
Municipal District of Bonnyville No.87
Coordinate management of all facilities and equipment for the operation of the Infrastructure Services department, along with the management of water and sewer systems and delivery of capital projects related to water, waste water and surface drainage in the Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise the work of the operations staff and discuss priorities and schedules with the General Manager (G.M), Infrastructure Services.
- Prepare and update inventory information on the current standard and condition of all facilities, equipment and fleet within the Infrastructure Services department.
- Manage the maintenance and repairs of all Infrastructure Services facilities, equipment and fleet.
- Manage and oversee the water and sewer systems of the municipality.
- Deliver capital projects related to water, sewer and surface drainage systems, from planning, design through to construction.
- Manage a program for the maintenance of all water and sewer services provided by the municipality.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates for potential or desirable future works to facilitate consideration for approval and prioritization.
- Develop terms of reference for required consultant services. Evaluate proposals with a recommendation for consultant activities.
- Schedule and coordinate the preparation of tender documentation, receipt of tenders and recommendation for contractors or suppliers for Infrastructure, water, sewer, and surface drainage projects and services.
- Manage and coordinate contract supervision, cost control and where required the measurement and quantity of certification of contractor payment.
- Manage and coordinate engineering, design and construction activities required for the development or improvement of municipal water, sewer and surface drainage infrastructure.
- Consult with supervisors to establish and monitor the number and types of equipment for optimum delivery of services.
- Collaborate with the Manager or Transportation to coordinate programs for the maintenance, repair, replacement and acquisition of equipment or related facilities.
- University or Technical/Community College graduate or equivalent in business administration, commerce, engineering, planning and development or other related field.
- Provincially recognized Certification in water and sewer systems, heavy duty mechanic certification and human resource management and leadership is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively more responsible experience in a municipal environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Hold a valid driver’s license in good standing
Visit http://www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description