Home Support Worker for Seniors with Medical Needs
About the Employer:
My wife and I (Mr. and Mrs. Gill) searching for a responsible, reliable, caring and energetic Home Support Worker with experience, who can help us to take care of our 85 years old mother with medical needs. We have a great social family who is very easy going and delightful parents to be with.
About the Opportunity:
We have an immediate job opening for a Home Support Worker for Seniors with Medical Needs, who must provide high quality care to meet our mother’s physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs. This is a permanent full-time opportunity. This position of a Home Support Worker requires a self-starter and initiative individual who can work without supervision with ability to do multi-tasks. This position will be responsible to provide personal care and companionship for our mother. There might be occasional request for additional overtime work with extra pay due to our busy schedule.
About the Location:
We are in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. The main intersection is Gore Road and Ebenezer Road in the city of Brampton.
About the Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide care and companionship on day to day basis.
- Assist to perform personal hygiene tasks i.e. bath etc.
- Assist with daily routine based on special required needs.
- Administer basic medication as directed.
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals as per instructions.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment at the home.
- Give updates and daily status reports.
- Light house cleaning and related work.
- Perform other related duties that may be requested by parents.
About the Job Skills and Requirements:
Following are the job skills and requirements for this position:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience required with senior care and household management filed.
- Completion of Secondary School with college courses in home support/ training program is required.
- Criminal record check required for the security and safety reasons.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited while working.
- Self-motivated with a diligent and detailed approach to completing tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A high degree of initiative and independence.
- Effective communication skills and friendly behaviour.
About the Working Hours, Salary and How to Apply:
Working Hours: It is a permanent full-time job position that required minimum of 35-40 hours per week. Regular Full time hours for this position are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (Monday to Friday)
Job Salary: $16.50 to $18.50, based on experience and knowledge.