Administrative Assistant - Medical Clinic
GTA Active Rehab
Brampton, ON L6S 0C4
GTA Active Rehab Physiotherapy has provided excellence in patient care in Peel region. Physiotherapy is a valuable resource for maintaining a physically active life, we understand that your recovery depends on a total team effort involving you, your physician and your physiotherapist. We take care of your recovery with professional care and treatment.
Currently we are looking for Office Administrative Assistant to join our professional team.
The role will involve everything from the administration of patients and their records, scheduling medical appointments, processing billing and insurance submissions.
Position Type: Permanent, Full time
Number of Position: 1
- Organize and evaluate the daily activities of the clinic patient scheduling, registration, cashiering, and refunds to patients.
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and patients.
- Help patients in completing forms, documents and case histories.
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Hire, train and supervise the staff members, associated with patient accounts
- Order supplies and, maintain inventory
- Ensure timely and accurate billing of accounts, do follow-up through the daily supervision of the patient's accounts
- Educate and communicate clinical care staff on billing, coding, and documentation changes
- Assist patients with concerns and complaints regarding scheduling/billing
- Promote, develop, and maintain excellent customer service with patients
- Assist with month- end reporting
Skill and Qualification Requirements:
- Must have two years of post secondary education from Canadian Institute
- Must have one year of experience in office administration in medical clinic/services environment
- Education in health care service is an asset
- Must have experience in billing processing software (Universal and Telus)
- Must have excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of spoken Hindi and Punjabi languages is an asset
- Able to work flexible shifts, including evenings and weekends
- Highly effective teamwork, client services and organizational skills
- Experience of MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Adobe professional reader
- Having own vehicle is an asset
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 35 to 44 per week and flexible schedule for some weekends and evenings