Creative Therapy for Kids
We are Currently seeking Occupational Therapists for the Terrace, Kitimat and Smithers Areas.
We value work-life balance and we believe in the personal and professional development for each of our team members. We support ongoing education, encourage service provision innovation and believe that every member of our team is a vital part of our organization's success.
Our Occupational Therapists mainly focus on working with clients who have sustained physical or psychological injuries. Our Therapists take a holistic, team approach with their clients and all other therapy partners, in order to implement tailored strategies and reach positive goals for each one.
To be successful in this role, it is essential to have a positive and motivated attitude. If you want to use your clinical skills and be an imperative part of each client’s healing journey, you should consider this role!
- Signing bonus
- Ongoing professional development
- Opportunities to profit share
- Opportunity to earn 25% more than public sector employment
- A strong orientation program
- Weekly mentoring
- Ongoing educational and professional development opportunities
- Financial support for professional growth and development
- Autonomy of schedule, hours, holidays and caseload
- Leading-edge case management software program to manage billing and cases
In your role of Occupational Therapist, you would have the continuing support of experienced Occupational Therapy mentors, a strong Administrative team and a team of Rehab assistants and Kinesiologists. As you would be working in a community setting, you will be working with a variety of partners (ICBC, Worksafe, Medical, Legal), a variety of ages, and a variety of cases that may include disability, long term care, ergonomics, brain injury rehabilitation, elder care, etc. Your diverse role would include assisting with hospital discharge planning, provision of assistive equipment and coordination of rehabilitation services. You would work with local health care providers and physicians to ensure each client has a clear evidenced based plan for their timely recovery. As part of our Return to Work Management specialty, our OT’s also help individuals who are on disability navigate the complicated healthcare system. Our team also participates in quality improvement initiatives, research and education.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC)
- Current full registration with (or eligible for) Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
- Liability insurance
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Prefer at least two years’ experience working.
- At least one year of experience working in Canada.
- Windows based computer with Microsoft Office (NO MACS)
- Cell Phone
- Reliable vehicle with proper insurance
- Criminal Records Check
- Driver’s Abstract