North American Protection Services
- Review requirement of customer and determine quantity and type of supplies and components to purchase.
- Knowledge and understanding of the procurement and inventory process and associated costs including inventory, logistics, acquisition costs, purchasing, and related accounting functions are required.
- Research and find new suppliers, good product and competitive prices. Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements.
- Recommend successful suppliers and issue Purchase Orders and/or Change Orders.
- Study sales records and inventory levels to develop strategic purchasing that facilitates sales department access to product.
- Communicate with current suppliers to negotiate improved pricing, lead times, product quality, and delivery as required.
- Assess current inventory, market conditions, availability to ensure stock and inventory requirements are achieved.
- Monitor and manage key supplier performance.
- Maintain Supplier base for timely and accurate supply, ensuring contingency plans are in place.
- Keep good relationship with China Suppliers.
- Post secondary education is required.
- Minimum five years work experience as a purchasing officer or related role is required
- Security industry experience is an asset
- $28 to $30 /hour