Automation Lead Developer
SMARTECH & Associates
As a Lead RPA Developer, you will be the first resource of a team who will be building the team. The RPA CoE is in the US and you will liaison between the CoE and the business units in Canada to identify automation opportunities, develop, test and deploy automations into production. You need to be able to communicate with leadership teams in Canada. Other responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work with business owners to understand the business process and write a process design document (PDD)
- Solutioning Automation with the help of solution leads in US aligning to established best practices and standards
- Develop code/Script automations in Automation Anywhere in accordance with Governance Policies
- Debug automation to find root cause for failure and fix issue’s post go live
- On- board new employee’s and train analysts within business
- Be a mentor for business analyst while they develop bots
Project/Program Focus Deliverables
- Lead Solution Design, Service Delivery and end-to-end oversight for all Process Automation projects for 4-5 named business functions.
- Areas include – Prioritization / Sequencing, Process Automation roadmap and blueprints, Service Delivery across Development projects, and ongoing Support and Maintenance.
- Collaborate with Business and Vendor teams to “Reimagine and Simplify Process” and identify opportunities for Automation.
- Lead teams assigned to RPA projects ensuring adherence to set standards and enterprise solution architecture.
- Lead initiative to build re-useable assets and artifacts that can be leveraged across other projects.
- Conduct Process Automation High Level Assessments for automation with recommendations for benefits and savings
- Function as a liaison between RPA Center of Excellence in US and teams in Canada
- Gathers existing process documentation and reviews with end users
- Analyses and clearly documents business process requirements for the automation build including exception handing scenarios and process metrics such as volumes, SLAs, and cycle times
- Determine what type of automation will best fit to automate a given use case (RPA, Cognitive or a mix of both)
- Works with business end users to identify potential reengineering opportunities to streamline the use of robotics (e.g., use of an application programming interface vs. a user screen)
- Serve as subject matter expert to others seeking to utilize automation technologies for automating and streamlining existing manual business processes
- Data analysis skills, interpretation, analysis and evaluation of reports
- Able to handle varied technical problems on a project or support work effort to reach solutions
- Strong business acumen and process improvement mindset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates the application of established methodologies, best practices and techniques
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and attention to detail in performance of duties
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS / MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Ensure satisfaction of key Automation Stakeholders
- Adhere to defined management and delivery processes for projects and other policies relevant to the project scope (e.g. development best practices, security standards and compliance, etc.).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Graduate in Computer Science with 10+ years of Business IT Applications, Digital technologies, and Platform implementation experience
- 2+ years’ experience in directly leading RPA programs with Automation Anywhere
- Strong software troubleshooting skills, and an understanding of programming constructs (C#, Visual Basic and VBA) in a MS Windows based enterprise software environment
- Strong understanding of programming concepts, software design patterns and a programming background in any coding language, preferably .Net
- Strong understanding of Process Design documents, Technical Design documents in Automation space
- Awareness of RPA design and development considerations and understanding of various automation components and features available in Automation Anywhere
- Understands development methodology and lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills and able to improvise configuration / coding to new situations.
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
- Well-organized with excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work closely with users and translating user requirements into solution designs.
- Knowledge and experience in developing solutions within the Healthcare sector is an added advantage.
- Focuses on solutions and productivity, is a self-starter, gets assignments done
- Experience working in a customer-facing position
- Good communication skills to compile clear and concise evaluation reports
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: