Cook (General), First Cook
Mr. Tonkatsu Restaurant
Reporting to: Sanghoon Park
NOC Code: 6322
# of Openings: 1
Type of Position: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $23.25 per hour
Hours: 32.5 hours per week
Employer: Mr. Tonkatsu Restaurant
Business Address: 548 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON, M4Y 1Y8
Telephone: (416) 537-9000
Tonkatsu is known as one of the most “anthentic” Japanese dishes of the world, which consists of deep-fried pork cutlet served with some shredded raw cabbage and sweet sauce. Mr. Tonkatsu opened its first Tonkatsu restaurant in Toronto, Canada, providing fresh cutlet with its own unique and special sweet sauce. Since Tonkatsu is still not well known in the city, Mr.Tonkatsu sees the potential growth and endeavors to serve the authentic Tonkatsu.
We are looking for professional Cook (General), First Cook with fine dining experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Review food and beverage purchases;
- Ensure economical food preparation, precision and within the budget;
- Evaluate food requirements and estimate labour and food costs/supplies;
- Develop and standardize recipes;
- Maintain safety and sanitation in the kitchen;
- Maintain equipment;
- Design food presentation aesthetics;
- Plan and prepare special/standard menu items, choose menu designs and determine menu prices for all locations/outlets;
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training new kitchen personnel;
- Supervise all kitchen workers;
- Give performance reviews, grant pay increases and take disciplinary action when necessary;
- Prepare meals in the kitchen and delegate work to other chefs and cooks during busy/peak times; and
- Oversee clean up and record the day's sales.
Qualifications/Skills Requirements/work Experience:
- Education: High School Diploma;
- 2 + years of experience in food preparation environment.
Other Certificates: Safe Food Handling certificate
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Physically demanding, handling heavy loads, bending as well as crouching and kneeling.