Retail Store Supervisor
A Suncor Energy business, Petro-Canada is "Canada's Gas Station" with a network of more than 1,500 retail and wholesale outlets across Canada, and a specialty lubricants business. Simsak Corporation is operated as Petro Canada and has 18 locations.
We are looking for enthusiastic & passionate individuals with lots of personality, character, charm, and interest in Retail business at our very busy location.
Description Job Title: Retail Store Supervisor
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent (Day, Weekend)
Business Type: Gas Station and Convenience Stores
Business Operating Name: Simsak Carporation O/A Petro Canada
Job Address: 610 Atherley Rd Orillia, Ontario L3V 1P2
Number of Position: 1
- Previous 1-year experience in retail business
- Successful completion of bachelor’s degree
- Education from a Canadian institute is an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to work in day and weekends
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Highly effective teamwork skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Managing the customer service functions, including cash, cashiers and merchandising.
- Ensure all loss prevention programs are implemented to standard.
- Ensure cashier/merchandising staff comply with all guidelines.
- Ensure standards of housekeeping and image are maintained.
- Scheduling staff and approving vacations.
- Resolve customer complaints.
Trains store staff by reviewing and revising orientation to products and sales training materials, delivering training sessions, reviewing staff job results and learning needs with retail store manager, developing and implementing new product training.
Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and price of competitive merchandise.
Reconciliation of merchandise invoice and payment processing
Order inventory; anticipating buyer interest; negotiating volume price breaks; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
Attract customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
COMPENSATION: wage $18.50 per hour, mileage and parking will be paid
START DATE: ASAP
WORK HOURS: Minimum 40 hours per week, some weekends may require