Ridge Meadows Division of Family Practice
Maple Ridge, BC
Want to live and work in your community? Want to make a difference improving people’s lives? Looking to improve your work/life balance? Looking for a fast-paced, challenging, evolving position?
The Ridge Meadows Division of Family Practice (RMDFP) is a non-profit society that has been incorporated since 2010 serving the Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows areas. RMDFP provides approximately 122 members with a strong voice to ensure that our physician members are at the forefront of positive change in our health care system for patients in Ridge Meadows.
The RMDFP is dynamic, progressive and passionate about the local medical community. We are looking for the right person to join our fun, fast-paced, supportive team. Someone with flexibility in their work schedule, a collaborative, team-oriented focus and a positive, “can do” attitude.
The Accounting Coordinator is an exciting new position at RMDFP, supporting our new initiative that will transform health care in our community! The ideal candidate will have top-notch accounting knowledge along with strong data and document management skills. Support RMDFP and its Members by preparing and managing financial reports, performing monthly and annual accounting functions and more!
Type of position: Full time, contract
- Assist in preparing financial reports, monthly, quarterly, annually and assist with audit
- Implement financial controls and processes and resolve discrepancies
- Coordinate and record day to day financial transactions including receivables, payables and payroll using Sage accounting program
- Perform monthly bank and visa reconciliations and process payables in a timely manner
- Monitor and resolve stale dated cheques
- Coordinate with all staff and partners for monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to meet Ministry reporting deadlines
- Prepare payroll remittances (monthly) and assist with T4s (annually)
- Maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 + years in accounting role in a fast-paced environment
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate in Accounting or Business Administration
- Proven experience with Sage accounting software
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting and legislation
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to t with the ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Proficiency with computers including Sage accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the dynamic ability to engage busy members
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with non-profit sector financial operations is an asset
Pay: $25 - $28/hr based on skills & experience