Curtain Wall Glazier
Edlajdo Construction Ltd.
Curtain Wall Glazier (stick and unitized systems), with expertise in:
- reading assembly drawings for window frame installation;
- reading drawings/instructions for hardware installation (joints; setting blocks; pressure plates; assembly fasteners);
- on site assembly of aluminum frames using either shear block or screw spline construction;
- on site fabrication (i.e. cutting of aluminum frame to site conditions);
- preparing window openings, including installing angles, waterproof membranes and flashing;
- installing aluminum frames;
- attaching glass infill to aluminum frame using: pressure plates; structural silicone glazing; or bolted connections;
- finishing of aluminum trim and aluminum frame head channels;
- carefully handling, inspecting and installing gaskets to seal: the glass infill along the frame; corner joints; and extrusions;
- attaching snap caps on pressure plates and exposed fasteners;
- cleaning, priming and sealing surfaces, including joints, to specification to protect against water and air inflows using wet sealants, strips and back rods;
- installing interlocking unitized curtain wall frame members, including by: managing ground and/or inside crews in hoisting and installing glass infills in unitized curtain wall systems; inspecting and adjusting the installed unitized unit for elevation/alignment; installing fire safing between the curtain wall unit and the face of the floor slab; applying interior finishes according to specifications; and installing overhead and fall-protection system;
- maintaining and repairing existing curtain wall systems;
- installing entry doors;
- operating a cherry picker;
- setting up and using swing stages in inspecting existing curtain walls and replacing glass, sealants, gaskets, as needed; and
- onsite training and supervising of workers, as required.
Minimum 4 years experience; WHIMIS Certificate; completion of Ontario's Working at Heights Training Program (or equivalent); completion of an apprenticeship program; and training in the operation of mobile boom crane.
Ability to: travel to job sites; work outside and lift heavy materials; work at considerable heights; use levels, protractors, tape measures and mitring gauges; and have a strong work ethic and commitment to meeting deadlines.
Salary: $32 to $34 per hour (depending on experience); full time (40 hours a week);
Benefits: performance bonuses
3213 Constitution Blvd., Mississauga, ON L4Y 2Z1
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: