We are looking for a candidate to join our growing manufacturing team in the Mississauga area.
- 3-5 years experience as a maintenance electrician in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be a licensed 442A Industrial Electrician.
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Must be able to read electrical drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications in order to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair plant equipment.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s) and a solid understanding of CSA standards.
- Excellent trouble shooting and analytical skills.
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office, Computerized Maintenance Management System and SAP Applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs to production machinery such as: hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, pumps, conveyors, mixers, gear-boxes, automated equipment, etc.
- Work with preventative maintenance programs and keep detailed and accurate maintenance records.
- Use of CMMS or SAP to open and close work orders and requisitions, look up parts, do time confirmations and parts checkout.
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using electrical test equipment.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Install conduit and pull wires through the conduit to complete circuits.
- Wire machinery and equipment such as mixers, saws, gear-boxes, motors, conveyors, etc.
- Work at heights and confined spaces.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Troubleshoot, repair machinery and equipment to ensure production requirements are met.
- Able to prioritize work and switch from one task to another depending on job priority.
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations, compliance and maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ability to operate forklifts and aerial lifts.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Rotating days and afternoons shift, Monday to Friday.
- Available to work overtime and extended hours when needed.
This is a permanent, full-time electrician position, over time is paid after 40 hours, comes with a 100% paid by the company comprehensive benefits package, pension plan, quarterly bonuses and shift premiums.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: