Applications Engineer CNC - Tri-Cities - KWG
Tri Cities, ON
Working for a world leading global manufacturer of machine tools, laser machines, and automation solutions. They have a reputation as a most innovative supplier of precision CNC machine tools with more than 100+ years of success to their credit. As CNC Applications Engineer, you will be working from our Cambridge, On technical training center and travel to customer sites.
You will like
The Applications Engineer CNC job role itself where your love of customer interaction, working with people, and passion for all things “CNC” will catapult your success in this extremely engaging and high-visibility role. You’ll enjoy working out of our Cambridge, ON office and be Travelling to customers in SW Ontario.
You will assist in pre-sale time studies, process recommendations, tool selection and work-holding concepts. Other initiatives will include generating engineering proposals and presentations, servicing customers with phone and onsite support, programming of customer parts, and the debugging and setup of complete machine tool systems. You’ll also write technical processes/manuals for turnkey solutions, and manage tasks to a specific timeline in order to meet delivery dates. Occasional travel may be required to customer facilities located within SW Ontario. You will be able to mange complex CNC machine tool projects and have experience in a Tier 1 automotive environment.
You will have
To be successful as Customer Service & Applications Engineering Manager, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Engineering or relevant shop floor experience as Toolmaker / Tool&Die and/or Machinist.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience as Applications Engineering or relevant CNC Machining experience as a Toolmaker or Tool/Die.
- Solid Project Management skillset experience in commissioning , start-up of CNC Systems and machines
- Supervisory Experience in a Tier 1 Automotive and/or Tier 1 Aerospace CNC Machining shop.
- Commutable distance to Cambridge, ON on a daily basis with travel to customer sites in SW Ontario.
- Strong CNC machining background
- Machine tool programming using G Code, CAD/CAM
- Strong Project Management and Customer Service skill set. Preferably in a Tier 1 Automotive environment..
- Highly developed mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with co-workers and customers
- Proficiency in math
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
You will get
In this role, you will enjoy competitive salary: $40-$45PH, OTE $100K+
- Competitive hourly rate with OT, compensation and benefits and RRSP plan
- Company-provided laptop and phone
- Mileage reimbursement
- The stability of an established company combined with great potential for a promising future
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 487