Field Service Representative
Our client, Malvern Panalytical is a leading provider of scientific instrumentation for the measurement of elemental concentrations, crystallographic structure, molecular structure, remote sensing, rheology, particle size, particle shape, particle concentration and more.
Malvern Panalytical prides itself on exemplary customer service. Our top priority is to provide the best Panalytical experience ever. That means we are relentlessly aiming for the highest quality customer care in order to maximize our customer’s economic growth targets. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, customer-focused individual to fill an opening for a Canadian Field Service Engineer position based in the Toronto area. As a Field Service Representative, you will serve our customers located in Ontario (65%) and in the Prairie Provinces (35%). You may also need to occasionally help in the Western part of Canada.
Your work will include installations, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation. You will work mostly on our Panalytical product line, but you may cover for other product line (Malvern, Claisse, ASD) when needed.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is self directed and detail oriented. Our client is currently recruiting for the Toronto ON area a:
Field Service Representative
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Repair and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation;
- Perform installation of equipment from delivery to sign-off;
- Perform diagnoses and supports remotely;
- Track case details in our CRM system to document service history and data analysis;
- Perform preventive maintenance per maintenance schedule and guidelines;
- Keep customers well informed and appropriate personnel on any open issues;
- Experience in electronics;
- Good technical hands-on skills and habilities to work with tools (toolkit)
- Experience in precision mechanics;
- Knowledge on applied physics, or in the chemistry field is an asset;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent customer-relationship skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent ability to solve problems;
- Ability to make sound decisions under stressful conditions;
- Ability to effectively document actions taken;
- Ability to understand quickly customer needs and how best to handle these;
- Politeness and diplomacy;
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Great sense of initiative and ability to work with people at different hierarchical levels.
- Education : College degree in electronics technology or equivalent.
- Pertinent experience : 5 years of experience in customer support or in technical support
- Traveling: Up to 80% travel across Canada. You will deserve primarily the Ontario region (65%) but also the Prairie Provinces (35%). You may also need to occasionally help in the Western part of Canada. Considering the location of our customers, you will need to travel by car and also by plane.
- This job require to have a passport and have a valid driver’s license.
- Company vehicle paid
- Laptop and mobile phone;
- Group RRSP;
- Group insurance.
The masculine form used in this text includes both men and women. We are an equal opportunity employer.