Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
- Ability to crate control narratives of existing undocumented automated processes.
- Ability to reverse engineer existing undocumented PLC programs.
- Ability to design improvements of existing process controls mechanisms and implement these improvements in timely fashion.
- Ability to trouble shoot and fix electrical / automation malfunctions.
- Electrical / Automation main responsibility is to answer calls from the radios. They are responsible to repair / trouble shoot-machines as they break down. They must perform preventative maintenance (PM) on a daily basis. Reverse-engineering, designing, programming, validating, commissioning, and documenting complex electrical, instrumentation, automated systems
- Electrical / Automation must follow all of companies safety rules and procedures. They must ensure to lock out the machines they are working with to prevent serious injuries (to themselves or others) They must stay alert and be aware of their surroundings
- Electrical / Automation must follow all of companies food safety rules and procedures. They must make sure to keep their tools, hands and their work areas clean to prevent cross contamination. They must follow HACCP and GMP’s.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must be able to:
- Perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling and work in confined spaces
- Operate machinery
- Operate heavy equipment
- Read/write English
- Perform maintenance trades including electrical, gearbox and bearing, lubrication, pumps and piping systems and hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to work:
- in elevated areas
- holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Possession of Inter-provincial Red Seal Journeyman Electrician trade certification
- Able to perform physical job duties including pounding with hammer
- Forklift certified
- Prior experience in production related work
- Able to perform maintenance trades including machinist, welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems and mechanical maintenance
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively and lead within a team environment
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety
- Strong problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a desire to be part of a high-performing team
- Knowledge of the Maintenance Reliability process (predictive and preventative maintenance) and Predictive Technologies
- Work independently but may intermittently complete jobs with the production employees, contractors or other maintenance personnel
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skill
- Automation control experience will be considered an asset
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical drawings
This full-time position is located in London, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided. Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: LON00667