Life Skills Workers
Community Integration Services Society
Port Coquitlam, BC
Community Integration Services Society has job openings for the following positions as a life skills worker: Starting Wage: $19.45 per hour with $0.49km for Society Business.
Casual, required to work a minimum of 2 days per week.
Permanent Part-Time 32.5 hours
Permanent Part-Time 32 hours
Permanaent Part-Time 25.5 hours
- The position is between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills are essential skills for this position.
- Life Skills Worker must be skilled in supporting a wide variety of clients including those with behavioral support needs and mobility challenges (must be able to push/lift wheelchair or other mobility device) multiples days per week
- Must be able to support people with limited verbal communication with alternate communication.
- Program development skills including employment will be crucial.
- LSW will be expected to participate in all program activities, including skating, swimming, hiking, etc.
- Ability to establish goals, with measurable outcomes aligning with the clients scheduled activities.
- Individual will take on key client duties including quarterly and bi-annual reports.
- Attend meetings with other professionals when required.
- Clear written and verbal communication with the ability to write clear and concise daily log notes, summarized reports, critical incident reports and other relevant documentation providing pertinent information as required.
- A basic understanding of behaviour management and pictorial symbol communication an asset
Qualifications include related education, work/volunteer experience, ability to provide personal care, knowledge of medical and aging issues, current CPR/FA certificate, WHMIS certificate, valid Class 5 driver’s license, reliable vehicle that permits you to drive more than one passenger for the purpose of business (activities), business insurance with 2 million liability, computer skills and a good command of the English language.