Salary: $39,000/year ($3,250/month; $18.75/hour)
This is a full-time permanent job working 40 hours a week.
Duties and responsibilities -
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the objectives of the required visual effect design to develop design briefs that suit the client’s purpose;
- Illustrating concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size and style, and related aesthetic concept by using tools, software or computer-aided design packages;
- Creating images and designs by using the traditional hand skills of drawing and painting, alongside other techniques, to meet design briefs;
- Scheduling project implementation and defining budget constraints;
- Working with a range of media, including computer-aided design and keeping up to date with emerging technologies as part of a team;
- Preparing rough drafts to guide relevant photographer or illustrator;
- Being able to supervise and coordinate with other functional staffs including graphic designers, graphic arts technicians, or stylists.
Qualifications and requirements -
- University degree or college diploma in visual arts / graphic design / new media operation / mutlimedia design / cartooning and editing is required;
- At least 2 years of experience in graphic design or multimedia design;
- Strong creativity and artistic sense is valued;
- Good understanding of client needs to generate customized works;
- Able to work both as part of a team and individually in a multidisciplinary context.
Lumi Studios is a production firm based out of Halifax which specializes in bringing clarity to issues through media. We have a straightforward brand of storytelling that breaks down complex topics to make them easy to understand.
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)