Fresh Production Shift Supervisor
Silver Valley Farms
Maple Ridge, BC
We are a fast paced, high volume farm and fresh fruit packing facility in Maple Ridge. We are currently seeking seasonal Fresh Production Shift Supervisors. An ideal candidate is self-motivated, reliable and responsible.
- Hire, train, co-ordinate and supervise fresh product production workers
- Assist in the development of schedules and implementation of farm safety and quality procedures
- Make production and scheduling decisions based on management directions and using knowledge of fruit quality, post-harvest results and production goals.
- Maintain work flow and production by monitoring all process areas and maintain production records
- Maintain communication between all the fresh blueberries process areas for timely production based on export targets
- Work and communicate with maintenance supervisors to achieve timely production of product and quality control supervisors to ensure quality of product fruit packed meets the industry and customer standards
- Perform product production duties when required
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in an agriculture related field.
- 2-4 years supervisory/production experience in soft fruit for export industry.
- Experience in and proven understanding of quality assurance, production and post-harvest processing of fresh fruit for export.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication (English). Spanish spoken not required, but an asset.
- Valid driver’s license not required, but an asset.
- Seasonal position. 3 to 4 months work depending on product availability.
- Availability to work varied shifts including evenings and weekends as required.
- Estimated start date: June 15th, 2017.
- Wage: $19 - $23 hourly based on experience and qualifications.
- Positions available: 2