Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Full Time, permanent
Tides Canada is dedicated to a healthy environment, social equity and economic prosperity for all Canadians.
Are you passionate about finance? Are you seeking to apply your skill set to a role which enables impact? Do you have a passion for the environment and a just Canadian society through community-led transformation? If so, the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis position at Tides Canada is for you. Tides Canada is seeking to fill a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to monitor and report on the financial health of the organization.
We are looking for a responsive, meticulously detailed, and cross-functional collaborator for this role.
This position provides financial analysis and information to assist the organization in strategic, financial and operational decisions. This position also supports external regulatory reporting. The Manager, FP&A advises a wide range of cross functional teams including the Executive, Strategic Programs, Development and Shared Platform Teams.
Primary duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide actionable insight to the organization through financial modelling, analysis and reporting
- Manage financial reporting requirements for the organization including internal teams and external stakeholders. This includes report optimization, streamlining and quality assurance
- Assist with design, measurement and reporting of organization wide key metrics and performance management
- Liaise with ERP systems management team to ensure best practices within the information systems; analyse business process for possible re-alignment or improvement
- Support the Information Systems team with the management and resolution of system integration issues
- Lead preparation of annual organizational budget and quarterly forecasting exercises
- Monitor financial health of the organization and communicate emerging risks and opportunities through the optimization of existing reporting applications and the design of timely and meaningful reports and dashboards that allow the Management and Executive teams to make informed business decisions
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis for business partners to facilitate informed business decisions
- Lead preparation of annual year-in-review data sets and data visualization related to expenditures and revenues
- Lead annual activity-based cost analysis to provide the Management Team with analysis to support existing pricing models; recommend changes to pricing models when appropriate
- Provide solutions to departmental challenges, aligns activities with departmental goals, assists with improvements to accounting systems and procedures
- Lead or assists with all-staff information training sessions related to financial analysis and other topics as required by the Management Team
- Support compilation of annual regulatory filings, including the T3010 and IRS990 for both Tides Canada Foundation and Tides Canada Initiatives Society
- Support preparation of audit working papers and preparation of the combined year-end financial statements
- A recognized Canadian accounting designation (CPA-CA, CPA-CGA, CPA-CMA) or nearing final stages of achieving a designation
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and diploma in accounting, or equivalent
- Advanced achievement in Excel, and other office productivity software
- Training in Adaptive or similar reporting software (Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting Services)
- Five years in-depth financial reporting and analysis work experience, preferably in a small to medium sized charity, post-secondary institution or a publicly funded organization
- Solid understanding of report design, optimization and quality assurance
- Experience in providing financial information and reporting services to a diverse portfolio of internal and external clients, including experience in writing ad-hoc reports
- Proven ability to quickly learn complex business structures and accompanying system of coding and classification of financial transactions
- Prior experience in reviewing fee for service contracts and grant agreements
If you feel that you do not meet all the criteria specified above, but you are passionate about this role and confident that you are a good candidate, please feel free to apply!
Attributes that help an individual successfully perform this job:
- Top-quality investigative and analytical skills with the ability to identify and implement strategies for improvement
- Ability to translate financial concepts and explain analysis to non-financial members of the organization
- Self-motivated with initiative / ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision
- A positive leader who effectively engages, motivates and influences others to succeed
- Results oriented and process-improvement driven individual
- Adept at prioritizing work and coordinating tasks simultaneously
- Able to work in fast paced environment with quick turnaround times
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with multiple competing priorities
- Experience solving complex quantitative business challenges
- Willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Show flexibility and ability to adapt to changing work environment and requirements
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude and focus on a win-win philosophy
About Tides Canada
From Canada’s big cities to its remote land, waters, and rural communities, Tides Canada provides uncommon solutions for the common good. Our mission is to help Canadians secure a healthy environment in ways that promote social equity and economic prosperity.
As a national charity, we recognize the complex environmental and social problems that we face in Canada today. That’s why we provide strategy, expertise, and tools to ensure changemakers can get from vision to impact. We partner with a growing movement of philanthropists, foundations, businesses, and governments to accelerate and amplify positive change.
From our shared platform, which enables a community of projects to share important administrative resources so more time and money goes towards impact, to our in-house strategic programs that deliver sophisticated grant making strategies in partnership with donors and local communities—Tides Canada is the partner for change. Join us in building a better Canada.
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)