High Tech Genesis
Are you an expert UX designer looking for your next opportunity to make a real impact and grow your craft?
Join our quickly growing UX team and help define how people around the world move faster and work smarter by making data-informed decisions.
As a User Experience Designer, you will work with a diverse group of highly talented people within UX and a cross-functional team to influence the future direction, continuous innovation, and improvement of our products. You will drive UX efforts across the entire life-cycle, from user research and requirements gathering, through ideation, sketching, prototyping, and user testing. You will work in a fast-moving agile-like environment to continuously deliver impact. Your exceptional problem-solving skills, clear communication, and design instincts will help you navigate ambiguity, complexity and combine the strengths of your teammates to align on and deliver simple and intuitive solutions.
You have an inspiring portfolio, and the ability to clearly articulate your work processes and methods, decision-making strategies and collaborative design practices.
- Drive UX efforts within a cross-functional team driving discussions and activities while participating in planning and coordination efforts.
- Distill complex user mindsets, tasks, and workflows into design models and a clean design vision.
- Recognize and advocate for the prioritization of user-centric design changes, refinements, and improvements.
- Use empathy, user research methods, and data to inform and produce tangible working artifacts that can be used to effectively communicate, seek and incorporate feedback, align stakeholders, and make decisions.
- Build concepts, sketches, workflows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and visuals based on user scenarios, UX goals, and business priorities.
- Deliver against and influence design quality, usability, and standards.
- Leverage, foster and extend the use of established techniques, patterns and frameworks. Contribute to and advocate for the use and consistency across teams and projects.
- Work with business, development, quality, and documentation team members to execute the realization of design ideas into compelling areas of the product.
- Document processes and use them to inform and establish best practices.
- Mentor others in design and technical skills.
- 4+ years of work experience in interaction and/or product design.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant program of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead others toward meeting the organization's vision, mission and goals by enabling cooperative and productive group interactions.
- Strong command of all aspects and levels of UX design from information architecture to workflows to micro-interactions. Is a considered thought leader in User Experience Design.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly distill complex information to identify strategies and solutions, creating high-level design solutions and systems based on user understanding.
- Ability to create artifacts to share and increase the understanding of complex problems for others
- Ability to listen and involve others in discussions, to tailor technical information to different audiences. Includes presentation and writing skills.
- The ability to work through designs and iterations based on user research, usability, user interviews, peer reviews, and sprints/workshops.
- An innovative thinker, with the ability to find creative solutions to the problems our users ask us to solve.
- Ability to work in a blended team of onsite and remote team members, in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with designing for enterprise users or for users in complex domains is an asset.
- Experience or interest in data visualization and statistical analysis tools would be highly beneficial.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)