Senior Accountant, Assurance and Accounting - Public Companies
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking three (3) Senior Accountants for our growing Public Companies team at our Toronto office located at Suite 300, 111 Richmond Street West, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4.
Working with public companies to help them thrive in any market, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm for this dynamic sector. Regardless of company size or the industry in which it operates, our team of trusted advisors helps public companies comply with complex regulatory requirements, information security issues, growing shareholder expectations, privacy matters and investor relations. Our customized solutions are specifically designed to mitigate risk, improve performance and operate more efficiently. Registered with the Canadian Public Accountability Board (CPAB) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) ensures our team adheres to the highest quality auditing standards in the industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Conduct compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Verify and test financial statements and corresponding notes
- Apply knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE)
- Respond to client questions and queries
- Raise identified technical issues with manager or engagement partner
- Prepare professional correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining findings, facts and highlights resulting from the client engagement
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Lead engagement teams while coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred)
- Completion of CPA designation or working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation; completion of CFE examination and working towards relevant practical experience requirements will also be considered
- Two (2) to four (4) years of accounting related experience in public accounting working on public company engagements
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and/or United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP)
- Demonstrate an ability to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to travel to clients and other MNP regional offices as required
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary of $75,000 - $85,000 yearly for 40 hours per week, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Quote Job Reference: 185678
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)