Help Desk Technician
Ace Acumen High School
We are a private educational institution located at 102-1440 Don Mills Road in Toronto, Ontario. Acumen offers international students a chance to earn high school credits, and also helps prepare students for their university aspirations. We are seeking a competent Help Desk Technician to join our team. This position will serve as the point of contact for all staff members and students requiring support on desktop hardware, software and/or other IT maintained systems. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests.
Position: Help Desk Technician
Job Type: Permanent, full-time, 30 hours each week, Mon-Fri
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the maintenance and support of campus technology and facilities, including network, computers, printers, projectors, classroom audio system, IP phones;
- Responsible of designing, developing, and maintaining the network system of the computer labs
- Providing support to the Computer and Information System Administrator in ensuring the effective, efficient, and safe operation of the school’s computer network and other technical systems;
- Managing and maintaining various data into the online learning management system including course schedules, teacher assessment dates and grade weighting, student information including courses added and dropped, and student grades.
- Communicating with students, teachers or staff through email and phone to determine nature of problems, understand their problems and requirements, providing courteous and prompt technical supports and solutions;
- Monitoring and following up with students, teacher and staff to ensure problems had been resolved
- Purchasing technology supplies, maintaining purchase records, and submitting required documentation to the Accountant according to the Purchase Policy;
- Providing technical training to new employees, and support to staff and faculty members in using equipment, computer, software, networks, Administrative System
- at least 2-year experience in a technical support position or equivalent work experience in a similar work setting
- a college diploma in networking, IT, or other related fields
- Proven experience with network technologies (such as knowledge of IP troubleshooting, wireless configurations, management of data closets)
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience with server/storage technologies (Windows Server 2012 and higher, Active Directory Management), basic scripting knowledge is a plus
- Prior experience with the support of Windows 7/10 workstations and Laptops, Microsoft Office, Google apps, AntiVirus, VPN connections, Printers, Mobile Devices (iPhone/iPad, Windows, and Android phones and Tablets), Laptops, VOIP phones
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to fulfill support requests based on urgency in a collaborative environment
- Able to disconnect, lift and relocate desktop computers, laptops, monitors, and various IT equipment around the office desks and the server rooms.
- Working Knowledge of the installation & configuration routers, firewalls, switches (layer 2 & layer 3), and wireless access points
- A+, CCNA/CCNP certificate would be an asset
- Hands on experience of Cisco routing and switching.
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Available for emergencies and after business hours communication, projects, updates and upgrades
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills via telephone, email and online chat to users
Compensation: $30.77 per hour/ $48,000 per annum
We offer an extended health care package including dental.
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)