Identity Theft Response Agent, Credit Cards
Montreal , QC
We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will assist and protect our clients and provides risk mitigation which enables our clients to achieve their financial goals with peace of mind. As an Identity Theft Response Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of excellent service to customers by partnering with CIBC colleagues and using sound investigative skills. By using your extensive analytical ability, you will resolve complex or difficult problems relating to Fraud Applications, Account Takeovers, Convenience Cheques, and Payments referred by other areas of CIBC or other external sources (law enforcement, other financial institutions, etc.), as well as from our monitoring systems.
How You’ll Succeed
- Problem Solving - Use sound judgment to determine the legitimacy of applications by contacting applicants, employers, branches, other financial institutions, credit bureaus, as well as gathering and analyzing documents for potential fraud. Conduct in depth and thorough investigations into possible fraud trends, potential fraudulent applications, cheques, payments and possible account takeovers referred or identified within, Falcon, or internal and external sources. Take appropriate action on any escalated complaints received from cardholders or other sources.
- Product Knowledge - Be fully conversant with all VISA products, procedures and policies related to Fraud Detection to ensure that all duties are performed with up-to-date and approved methods. Provide recommendations on operational and system procedures that support early detection of fraud. Use sound judgment and take appropriate actions in closing and declining VISA accounts and applications in order to prevent further losses and protect the integrity of the bank.
- Influencing Skills - Provide recommendations on operational and system procedures that support early detection of fraud. Contribute to the enhancement of the team focus through participation in special projects, temporary assignments, meetings, and any additional activities delegated by management.
Who You Are
- You're digitally savvy. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You're fluent in English and French .
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What we offer
Our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week.
- You must be flexible to work Monday to Sunday 8:00am- 12:00am.
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)