Full-time Production Assistant
Ropak Canada Inc.
- Full-time Production Assistant (training is provided)
- $15.76/h base salary, $16.27/h after 6 months. Overtime pay for over hours (+40h), night shifts premium ($0.8/h). Annual increases up to 3%.
- 24/7 coffee room, paid lunch & breaks. Offers comprehensive healthcare coverage after 3 months; RSP/DPSP plan after 6 months; safety incentive & gainsharing program with payout up to $1500/year; employee referral program up to $500.
- Oakville Plant - 2240 Wyecroft Rd, Oakville, L6L 6M1.
- As Soon As Possible
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Installs gaskets and fittings; steel or plastic handles on pails.
- Conducts basic inspection of product; ensures finished product packaging is properly labelled and labels are signed.
- Works in a safe manner according to Occupational Health and Safety Act and Mauser Health & Safety Policy.
- Takes initiative to ensure scrap reduction. Actively contributes to 5S (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, sustain) and lean manufacturing implementation and maintenance.
- Other duties, as assigned and required.
- Must be available to work rotating continental 12 hours shifts includs alternating weekends.
- Manufacturing experience is a definite asset.
- High school diploma or equivalent mix of experience.
- Basic understanding of English. Ability to read and interpret basic documents such as safety rules and operating instructions; ability to perform basic English conversation.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds; stand for extended periods of time.
- Good eye sight & hand-eye coordination.
- Willing to do multi tasks when needed as a member of the team
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)