Titanium Transportation Group Inc.
Charlotte, NC USA
Titanium is a leading asset-based transportation and logistics company servicing Canada and the United States, with approximately 475 power units, over 1,400 trailers and over 600 employees and independent owner operators. Titanium provides truckload, dedicated, and cross-border trucking services, freight logistics, and warehousing and distribution to over 1,000 customers. Titanium is a recognized consolidator of asset-based transportation companies in Ontario, having completed ten asset-based trucking acquisitions since 2011. Titanium has also been ranked by PROFIT magazine as one of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies for ten (10) consecutive years.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Dispatcher will assist with track-and-trace requirements and communicate directly with carriers, dispatching based on shipping requirements. They will work with various departments to ensure that the shipping requirements are adhered to and will ensure that a constant line of communication remains open with assigned carriers to ensure that service expectations are met and, where possible, exceeded.
Seeking candidates with Logistics Dispatch experience within the transportation industry
- Experienced Flatbed rating/ dispatching - special consideration
- Work in a new role with opportunity to grow
- Assist sales staff with developing new and grow existing client-base
- Competitive earning structure with opportunity for advancement
- Dynamic organization that invests heavily in employee growth and development
- Performance appraisal program
- Competitive health and dental group benefits offered
- Employee-first team-oriented work environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Proficient with the use of a computer, including but not limited to the use of Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with TMW software would be considered an asset
- Sound business judgment and ability to perform insightful analysis
- Strong understanding of transportation industry and associated laws
- Experience working with customers through various means of communication and ability to manage customer relations
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and work as a member of a team
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills; organizational planning and time management skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using assigned systems and applications, schedule carriers for shipping requirements per booking instructions, ensuring all information is relayed accurately
- Work closely with departments to ensure that all orders are coordinated for on time delivery
- Ensure that all inbound and outbound shipments are coordinated with respective staff at each shipping destination
- Comply with laws, regulations and standards, completing any required documentation as applicable
- Meet performance deadlines and adhere to all client shipping requirements
- Ability to be flexible and work extended hours as required
- Adhere to all Titanium Transportation Group Inc. service standards and policies, including Health & Safety
- Work in compliance with the provisions of Occupational Health and Safety
- Perform all other duties as assigned
We are a proud supporter of current and serving members of the Canadian and United States Armed Forces.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Respect for the dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace is fundamental. Our organizational values stress the importance of diversity, fairness and trust.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Quote Job Reference: 102895
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)