Chief of Police
Treaty Three Police
Our client, Treaty Three Police Services Board is seeking their Chief of Police. The primary function of the Chief of Police is to be responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the Police Service, through the development, direction and management of all aspects of the administrative and operational activities of the Police Service in a manner that is culturally appropriate and sensitive to the needs of Treaty Three communities and member First Nations.
The Chief of Police is accountable to the full board of the Police Service for the day-to-day management and operations of the Police Service, and must act in such a manner as to maintain the intent of the T3PS Philosophy and Mission Statement.
- Knows of all aspects of business including but not limited to budgeting, reporting processes, relationship of self-administered Police Service with political and non-political organizations, negotiations, and management of personnel.
- Works collaboratively with the Treaty Three Police Services Board, First Nations and other relevant stakeholders to develop the business plan in accordance with the vision and mission of the Treaty Three Police Service, while recognizing opportunities for change and ongoing improvements to the Service.
- Plans for and directing the ongoing development, implementation and maintenance of effective, efficient and high-quality services in accordance with the approved business plan.
- Able to effectively and appropriately delegate tasks, including identifying which tasks can and cannot be delegated; identifying an appropriate person to delegate them to, and providing clear instructions to the chosen delegate.
- Ensures the maintenance of proper records and statistics on crimes, investigations, calls for service and other relevant information, and filing an annual report on all aspects of the T3PS to the Treaty Three Police Services Board.
- Ensures members carry out their responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner that reflects the culture, traditions, and needs of the communities, and in accordance with the objectives, priorities and polices as established by the Treaty Three Police Services Board.
- Acts as the Chair for the Senior Management Team.
- Attends Police Council, Treaty Three Police Services Board and Senior Management Team meeting.
- Keeps current with knowledge of community policing methods, statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures and service rules, and of the crime trends, demographics and geography of the member First Nations and their needs and objectives.
- Has a strong understanding of political, legislative, environmental and macro-economic trends and how they might impact the Police Service.
- Ensures compliance with the Code of Conduct and Public Complaints System.
- Minimum 5 years Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of First Nation, Provincial and Federal laws and statutes
- Knowledge of Treaty Three Police Service structure and activities
- Ontario police college courses with a minimum of Basic constable Level II training and ongoing training at established police training facilities
- Computer skills including Interpol and NICHE RMS, Use of Force training
- Be of good moral character with no criminal record
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, and public relations skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgement and cope in difficult situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
For more information, please visit: http://bit.ly/T3PS-CP
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)