Family Services of Greater Vancouver
DO YOU WANT A MEANINGFUL CAREER, HELPING OTHERS? JOIN US!
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
Under the guidance of the Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the overall financial management of a group of Family Services’ programs. The Senior Accountant will play a critical role in supporting the Finance department and management of the assigned programs.
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Financial Reporting
- Management and Oversight
- Other Financial Supports
WHAT YOU BRING
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
We support career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: Full-time based on 35 hours per week
Salary: To be determined, with a competitive benefits package and pension
Location: FSGV Head Office: 1638 East Broadway, Vancouver
Closing date: Position will remain opened until filled
- Prepare monthly program financial statements
- Prepare complete and accurate financial reports to funders in line with reporting requirements
- Manage the financial portion of the program contract, tracking revenues and expenses of the programs
- Assist in the preparation of variance analysis reports
- Responsible for the accuracy of invoices and payments
- Assist with budget preparations, contract proposals and funding applications
- Contribute to overall business and strategy planning
- Make recommendations on how to improve existing financial processes and systems
- Provide support to management on financial queries as required
- Provide financial advice, information, guidance, training and support to program staff regarding financial policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of working paper files for the year end audit
- Meet with funders and auditors to discuss financial management and control systems
- Other duties as required
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines
- The ability to explain and discuss financial information with others who have limited subject matter knowledge
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- The ability embrace and foster continuous improvement in the department
- 3-5 years general accounting experience
- CPA designation or in final stages of CPA training program considered an asset
- Strong understanding of accounting and reporting in the not-for-profit sector considered an asset
- Experience preparing detailed variance analysis of statements and account reconciliations
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (especially excel)
- Experience with Adagio is an asset
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
Quote Job Reference: 37-19
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)