Opto Mechanical Designer
You will like
Working as Opto Mechnical Designer for this discreet organisation. This is where I would normally tell you all about the employer, but it's kind of a secret! (Apply for details).
You will like
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Designer with classical Optics industry experience to join an innovative firm in the miltary/defence sector. This is a demanding and rewarding role with exciting opportunities working within a vibrant city.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Conceptualize, create and execute all aspects of the design process of products to support the future sales and marketing plan
- Design products using Inventor CAD software
- Create customer and supplier drawings from Inventor CAD models
- Develop the products that can meet internal production process capabilities, and/or develop the production capability along with the Vice President, Engineering
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team
You will have
To be successful as Opto Mechnical Designer, you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent and 5 years’ experience designing products with classical optics industry
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies that can be used to fabricate the components for product design i.e. metal casting and machining, plastic injection moulding, etc.
- Extensive experience using Inventor or Solidworks
- Experience with, and/or the ability to fully understand the assembly process of the product designs, and the ability to problem solve issues in assembly and fabrication is a must
- Competent with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards
- Experience with prototyping and Quality Control (QC) Inspection
- Experience in an ISO9001 environment a definite asset
- Must be detailed, organized and proficient with current business workplace technology
You will get
As Opto Mechnical Designer you will enjoy a competitive salary of up to $100K according to skills and experience.
This forward thinking employer will consider visa sponsorship will support global relocation
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 443
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)