Manager, Information Technology
Legacy Bowes Group
Established in 1983, Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba provides a continuum of culturally appropriate child and family services to 11 First Nation Communities in Northern Manitoba, as well as Winnipeg and Thompson.
Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba is seeking a Manager, Information Technology to develop and maintain a secure, reliable, high quality information technology infrastructure for their organization.
- Identify and recommend technology solutions to meet current and future business needs
- Research, develop, document, implement, modify and support new and existing IT systems
- Deploy, manage and maintain all IT systems and their corresponding or associated software (including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web access, endpoint protection, network access, access control systems, CCTV video records, etc.)
- Conduct routine capacity planning for server, network and security systems
- Preserve organizational assets by implementing disaster recovery, back-up procedures, information security and control structures
- Prime the selection of IT solutions, in concert with Senior Management, to support overarching business objectives
- Manage relationships with third party IT vendors
- Design and manage user access levels, role-based assignments, distribution groups, and shared network resources
- Identify, triage and resolve technical issues, determining root causes, and escalating where applicable
- Assist via the hiring, training and performance of cross-filling of duties for other IT staff
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and presentation skills - able to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, influence, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from various backgrounds
- Excellent team leader, member and mentor
- Highly customer focused with the ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- High level of business acumen
- Action oriented with good common sense approach to problem solving
- 6+ years of combined IT and management experience
- Post-secondary education in an IT, Bachelors or business-related discipline
- Strong management skills including performance management, planning, prioritization, objective setting and plan execution
- Previous experience in a First Nations an asset
- Experience in Project Management
If you would like more information about the Awasis Agency of Northern Manitoba, please contact Teri Berry, Senior Consultant, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8822.
Quote Job Reference: #193144
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)