Registered Nurse - OR
Hamilton Health Sciences
Perioperative Services at all Hamilton Health Sciences sites provides pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative care for both adults and children. The multidisciplinary team functions within a complex, fast paced environment.
As a member of the healthcare team, the Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination and evaluation of patient care within the Operating Room. The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to meet patient needs and guides/directs and works with the multidisciplinary team in meeting those needs.
Schedule Work Hours
Days, evenings, weekends, nights, holidays, for on call shifts it is required to be at the hospital site within 30 minutes
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. Perioperative Certification and or equivalent experience
3. Current BCLS certification
4. Demonstrated skill and ability in site specific services
5. Demonstrated knowledge of patient care requirements and peri-operative standards in the assessment and management of adult surgical patients; McMaster Children’s Hospital requires knowledge of adult and of pediatric and neonate surgical patients
6. Minimum 2 years operating room experience within the last 2 years preferred
7. Must be able to wear lead aprons for long periods of time (aprons 15-20 pounds in weigh, works for cases 1-3 hrs in length)
8. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
9. Demonstrated commitment to the principles of professional practice
10. Demonstrated judgment in carrying out his/her role or function and is responsible and accountable for acting on the interpretation of data
11. Demonstrates critical-thinking and decision-making in assessment and problem identification
12. Demonstrates ongoing personal professional education and development
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 74596
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)