Junior Learning Designer (Contract)
Raymond James Ltd
Vancouver , BC
We are seeking a Junior Learning Designer to join the Operations Performance team in our Vancouver office.
We are Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
The Junior Learning Designer will work with Operations Learning and Development Specialist and Manager of Operations Performance to create job aids, eLearning materials, videos, and to perform training coordination activities for Operations. The Junior Learning Designer will convert storyboards to eLearning materials and will understand Operations processes and tasks to write job aids, user guides, and video scripts. The Junior Learning Designer will also maintain and archive their work in an orderly fashion and will be responsible for maintaining users and enrollments in our learning management system. The Junior Learning Designer will also assist with coordination of classroom-style training including ensuring technology is set-up correctly. The Junior Learning Designer will be responsible for maintaining the review cycle of their work by following up and fixing issues raised by stakeholders. The Junior Learning Designer will also be responsible for providing assistance to the Operations Learning and Development Specialist during an internal transformation project launch and will support ongoing initiatives as required.
Specifically you will:
- Work with Operations Learning and Development specialist and collaborate with SMEs to identify target audience’s training needs;
- Create quick job-aids for just-in-time training;
- Assist the Operations Learning and Development Specialist with training content creation, review and deployment;
- Provide assistance and back-up support during the training cycle of a large internal transformation project roll-out;
- Enroll users and update content on the learning management system;
- Design assessments for verifying learner knowledge and capability and provide summarized reporting;
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product;
- Design exercises and activities that enhance the Operations learning process;
- Create supporting training material and media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.);
- Coordination, set-up and facilitation assistance of classroom-style training;
- Maintain project documentation and course folders; and
- Ensure content is kept up to date on a regular basis.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Post-secondary education in learning principles and/or certification in adult continuing education or instruction skills is preferred;
- Formal instructional design experience preferred, including conducting in-depth needs assessment using ADDIE (or similar) design model;
- Ability to apply adult learning principles;
- Ability to think critically and ask targeted questions to determine needs and respond appropriately;
- Experience with multiple delivery methods, including e-learning initiatives;
- Experience utilizing a learning management system is preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- 1-2 years of experience in a training or classroom environment preferred; and
- French considered an asset but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to adapt and change as per dynamic work requirements;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Strong presentation and writing skills;
- Proficiency with a video editing tool; e.g. Captivate/Camtasia/Vyond;
- Knowledge of Articulate Storyline/ Rise/360;
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of a Learning Management System; and
- Quick learner, dependable, professional, creative and innovative.
This is a temporary full-time position with a competitive compensation package.
Quote Job Reference: 19-079
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)