Sales and Marketing Assistant
Raymond James Ltd
We are seeking a Sales and Marketing Assistant to work in our Calgary branch as part of our estate planning and insurance team.
We are one of Canada’s leading independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs. Insurance and annuity products and services are provided through it is a wholly owned subsidiary, Raymond James Financial Planning Ltd. (RJFP).
This is a great opportunity for an individual with life insurance experience looking to further their career in insurance or a recent college graduate who is interested in a career in the insurance industry working for an Agent/Broker.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the Estate Planning Advisor to generate new business, increase sales of insurance-based products, and sales administration in accordance with Raymond James policies and procedures;
- Participate in the creation and coordination of education and development solutions for advisors and associates such as branch seminars;
- Handle incoming and outgoing phone calls with clients and respond to requests for information;
- Prepare sales proposals for new clients in collaboration with the Estate Planning Advisor;
- Prepare correspondence to assist with servicing existing clients;
- Process and follow up on insurance applications/transactions and manage documentation requirements;
- Prepare and review daily/monthly/annual reports, client correspondence and project work;
- Foster and support client relationships by liaising with clients and their Raymond James Financial Advisor, responding to requests and proactive problem solving;
- Maintain accurate and complete client records; and
- Execute other administrative tasks and as required by the Estate Planning Advisor.
To qualify for this opportunity, you possess:
- Previous experience working within a sales/customer service oriented environment;
- Proven ability to pay attention to accuracy and detail;
- Well-developed communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to work with confidential information;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook;
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment; and
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Life insurance industry experience;
- Life Insurance License in good standing with the Alberta Insurance Council; and
- Knowledge of principles, practices and commonly-used concepts that govern insurance and/or annuities.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Quote Job Reference: 19-065
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)