Financial Advisor Assistant
Raymond James Ltd
Victoria , BC
We are seeking a Financial Advisor Assistant to work in our Victoria Branch.
We are Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high-quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
The role the Financial Advisor Assistant is to provide administrative support to Financial Advisors and outstanding service to their clients, representing the Raymond James Ltd. brand, wealth management services and the assigned financial advisory team.
An Advisor should be able to rely on the Financial Advisor Assistant to function in a responsible manner independently. As a key member of the team, contributions are important to the success of the client relationship with the Financial Advisor, and to the success of the Branch as a whole.
Specifically you will:
- Process and follow up on security transactions and transfers;
- Handle incoming and outgoing phone calls with clients;
- Schedule appointments, meeting preparation and follow-up;
- Respond to requests for information;
- Prepare correspondence and reports;
- Service clients’ general day-to-day requests;
- Maintain Financial Advisor files;
- Social Media engagement; and
- Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Post-secondary education;
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course as well as the Conduct and Practices Handbook;
- 2 years in the Investment Brokerage or Financial Services Industry;
- Proficiency with MS Office with strong Outlook & Excel skills;
- Proficiency with LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter; and
- Experience with Dataphile and Thomson Reuters is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to work:
- Within deadlines in a high-volume, pressure-oriented environment;
- Independently with minimal direction;
- The ability to prioritize, and manage multiple deadlines and tasks;
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer service skills;
- The ability to exercise tact and discretion, as well as handle confidential information;
- Meticulous attention to detail; and
- Superior problem solving skills.
This is a permanent full-time position that will offer competitive compensation package.
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)