Reception and Administrative Support Assistant (Hybrid Role)
Family Services of Greater Vancouver
DO YOU WANT A MEANINGFUL CAREER? JOIN US!
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
Founded in 1928 and celebrating its 90th year, FSGV is a charitable organization with nearly 100 social services programs and 500 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
WHAT YOU BRING
As the ideal candidate, you are:
Bright, detailed, compassionate and friendly. You are a natural administrator and people person. You have high standards for yourself and take pride in all you do, driven by detail and the desire for efficiency, accuracy, tidiness and excellence while maintaining at all times an approachable and supportive demeanor. You are able to follow through on what may at times be repetitive tasks, seeing the bigger picture behind the work you do. You enjoy building professional relationships as you represent both FSEAP and FSGV in all your relations with colleagues, providing professional, approachable, helpful and warm service to all members of the agency and the public equally.
Education and training:
Minimum Grade XII diploma, plus additional relevant post-secondary/skills training.
Job Specific Knowledge & Ability:
- Minimum 2 years reception and/or administrative experience in a computerized office environment where tact, empathy and professionalism are valued;
- Proven ability to offer exceptional customer/client service(s) in person, over the phone and via email;
- Superior organizational skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Exceptionally resourceful, with the ability to effectively problem-solve;
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, and engage in multiple tasks effectively and efficiently;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Superior knowledge of Windows-based applications (Outlook email/scheduler, Word, Excel, PDF);
- Competent knowledge of client databases and accounting software or the ability to quickly learn new programs; knowledge of EAP Expert will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated record of professional excellence;
- High degree of initiative;
- Ability to type 45 wpm;
- Ability to safely lift 23 kilograms (50 pounds);
- Strong sense of idealism and desire to give back to the community; and
- Good sense of humour and ability to have fun while working.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
As a valued member of the FSEAP Administrative Team, the Reception and Administrative Support Assistant is primarily responsible for front of house reception and client greeting services (in person, over the phone and via email). In addition, this hybrid role is responsible for data entry, attaching documents to electronic client files and other day-to-day administrative tasks.
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
Reception Duties (Primary)
- Providing exceptional client greeting services;
- Providing helpful and knowledgeable assistance to clients, visitors, and the public in-person, over the phone and via email;
- Answering and forwarding phone calls using a multi-line phone system;
- Listening and forwarding voice messages;
- Categorizing emails in multiple MS Outlook inboxes, requiring high levels of accuracy;
- Ensuring the reception area is clean and tidy and the plants are watered;
- Monitoring the water, cups, and marketing materials in reception and replenishing as and when required;
- Coordinating coffee and milk replenishment for the lunch room, to include monitoring kitchen supplies (dishwasher tablets, soap, sugar, and the like);
- Assembling and mailing promotional packages for client organizations;
- Helping facilities with lifting/moving office supplies and/or furniture, as required;
- Coordinating mail/courier services (internal and external); and
- Receiving and counting office supply orders and advising the Administrative Services Manager when the office supply inventory is low.
- Data-entry and attaching affiliate clinical forms/reports to client database files using Cute PDF software and an EAP Expert specific database;
- Sending out Client Satisfaction Surveys electronically/by mail and accurately recording responses in the client database;
- Responsible for the administrative closed file procedure(s) for the core counselling staff;
- Providing administrative support to program staff and monitoring the admin help-ticket system;
- Word processing, formatting and editing correspondence, forms, reports and spreadsheets as requested;
- Helping with boardroom set up for All Staff Meetings, as required by the Administrative Services Manager; and
- Keeping client records up to date in accordance with record keeping guidelines, Agency policies and procedures, and COA standards, as directed by the Administrative Services Manager.
Other Administrative and Reception duties as assigned
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We provide a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
We support career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Position: Permanent, Regular.
Work Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Salary: GS 3 Step 2, $1,213.10 bi-weekly
Address: East Broadway and Commercial Drive
Preferred Start Date: April 29, 2019
Closing Date: Until Filled. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Quote Job Reference: 30-19
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)