Director of Finance & Administration
Legacy Bowes Group
Our client Nikan Awasisak Agency Inc. Child & Family Services is seeking a Director of Finance & Administration.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Administration plans, organizes and directs financial operations, develops the annual budget, establishes internal financial controls and ensures all financial activities adhere to funding regulations, the child and family services act and generally accepted accounting principles. This position also entails the management of administration functions within the agency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Administer and monitor all aspects of the agency’s financial operations, including the following:
- Ensures financial reporting systems generate timely, reliable financial information for decision-making purposes.
- Develops and monitors procedures and internal controls to safeguard Agency’s assets.
- Update Agency’s asset listings on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring all financial related reports are submitted to funding bodies on a timely basis.
- Manage and direct Agency’s banking functions and monitor on-going cash position.
- Ensures the accurate and timely recording of Agency cash receipts and funding.
- Ensures that Children’s Special Allowance cross-references with Children in Care statistics.
- Develops annual program budgets, conducts periodic budget reviews and ensures department functions adhere to establish budgetary guidelines and implementation procedures.
- Compiles data from statistical studies and analyses past and current organizational financial performances to assist with budget development and justify fund requests.
- Correlates expenditure requests against approved operating budgets.
- Prepares actual to budget variance reports for the Board of Directors and Senior Management on the financial state of the Agency.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate accounting and reporting principles.
- Maintain and coordinate all contact with the Agency’s external auditor.
- Ensures external auditor’s recommendations and adjustments are adhered to.
- Manage payroll reports and benefits administration.
- Administer and monitor IT Systems.
- Works closely with the Finance Manager to develop and mentor finance staff to ensure the long term continuity and strength of the Agency’s finance unit.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- An accounting CPA designation is required, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management
- Financial Management experience in a First Nations environment an asset
- Proven skills in developing, implementing and monitoring financial systems (preferably centralized finance system
- Previous experience with government funding agreements
- Knowledge of the First Nation Finance Authority and First Nation Financial Management Board standards and policies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both orally and written
- Advanced working knowledge of Sage Accpac accounting software
- Effective leadership skills
For more information about this position on Nikan Awasisak Agency Inc. Child & Family Services., please contact Teri Berry, Senior Consultant, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8822.
Quote Job Reference: #193146
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)