People First HR Sercies
With equipment and service facilities, Paul’s Hauling is one of Canada’s largest transporters of bulk commodities and goods. Operating more than 250 tractors and 600 trailers to meet their clients’ needs – Paul’s Hauling also provides services in end-to-end transportation and logistics. A community oriented organization; Paul’s Hauling is a company that has grown across Canada since 1957.
As a key role in the company, the Driver Recruiter is responsible for the execution of high volume full-cycle driver and office recruitment and retention initiatives for vacancies in all Paul’s Hauling Ltd. terminal locations by utilizing talent sourcing activities and assessment tools with the goal of attracting and hiring high quality talent.
If you’re eager to grow your career in transportation, with a well-respected company, this role is for you!
What your responsibilities will be:
- Work with the terminal management teams to determine staff levels required to sustain customer service levels along with the execution of temporary staffing to manage high volume seasonal increases.
- Ensure permanent staff levels and temporary seasonal volumes are achieved, while maintaining pre-determined job requirements that enable successful execution of operational and customer requests.
- Determine and develop salary and a training plan for each new hire.
- Conduct telephone and in-person interviews with perspective applicants.
- Coordinate with terminal groups to schedule road tests, onboarding sessions and candidate travel/accommodation arrangements where necessary.
- Maintain and analyze department metrics including recruitment and retention statistics.
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze results, making recommendations based on trended response groupings.
- Coordinate and attend recruitment events as needed.
- Monitor training and compensation for new hires.
In order to be considered, you’ll need:
- Experience in the transportation or logistics industry.
- Professional experience in recruitment.
- Valid Class 1 license is an asset.
- Professional demeanor with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven planning, time management and project managing skills.
- Ability to travel – mostly short trips.
- Motivated to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
Benefits of working at Paul’s Hauling:
- Education and training support.
- Flexible work environment.
- Scholarship Fund for children of employees.
- Health benefits.
- Pension plan.
About Paul’s Hauling:
Headquartered in Winnipeg, Paul’s Hauling was established in 1957 and has offices and terminals in a number of locations across Canada. As an organization, Paul’s Hauling is dedicated to excelling in the areas of people, service and safety as well as commitment to continually reinvest in new and modern equipment. They have the best drivers in the industry and have a team of employees that are committed to keeping the company on track and on target. With end-to-end logistics and transportation solutions for their customers, Paul’s Hauling is one of the leading providers of bulk transport services in Western Canada.
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)