Insurance & Estate Planning Specialist
People First HR Services
Our client, Nelson Financial Consultants is looking for a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and insurance licensed individual to provide insurance and estate planning solutions to their growing fee for service financial planning, discretionary portfolio management and insurance group of clients.
Do you like to be a part of a growing, entrepreneurial small office environment? Are you looking for a detail oriented consultative role, working as a member of a team who all jointly serve the client group of an established practice (vs. a sales-oriented role)? Are you a team oriented, collaborative individual? If so, then this may be an ideal opportunity for you. Nelson Financial Consultants is an independent, financial services boutique who provides a more comprehensive level of services to a smaller group of clients. They are now looking to expand the insurance and estate planning service offering of their business by adding an experienced Insurance & Estate Planning Specialist to their team.
- Manage the day to day client service needs of an established book of insurance.
- Assist in the preparation of financial plans and be responsible for the creation of written, fee for service estate plans under the direction of the senior advisor.
- Review current insurance products along with the insurance needs of the clients to determine necessary changes to their plans.
- Meet with clients to review their current plans, write and deliver new business.
- Track renewals, research and determine the likely renewal rates, and prepare comparative analysis.
- Analyze wills and agreements in order to create future projected estate values.
You and Your Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the insurance industry (life, disability, critical illness insurance and annuities) and are comfortable working with entrepreneurs, professionals and their families.
- Experience in completing, reviewing, and processing new insurance applications, as well as overseeing the underwriting process and working face to face with clients.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, follow established procedures and perform duties in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to handle a wide variety of responsibilities in a timely manner while pro-actively serving both the clients of the firm and the advisor team.
- Completion of any industry specific courses, such as the CFP and CLU, is considered an asset.
- Comfortable in using technology in particular: intermediate to advanced experience in the use of Microsoft Office 365, with emphasis on MS-Word and MS-Excel.
What Nelson Financial has to offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Employee benefits.
- Career growth potential.
- Opportunity for professional development.
About Nelson Financial:
Nelson Financial Consultants dates back to 1966 when Vern Nelson began his career in the life insurance business. Doug Nelson joined his father in 1992 and since then has focused the firm on comprehensive financial planning activities.
Nelson Financial Consultants provides the highest caliber of client focused services by utilizing simple, straight-forward advice, strategies and solutions to create greater financial options, lifestyle choices and peace of mind.
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)