Legacy Bowes Group
Mondetta/MPG is currently seeking a creative, fashion-forward thinking Designer with experience in the apparel/fashion industry to join their growing team. He/ She lives for fashion and, when you see a trend, you can build upon it and visualize the product on the active individual. This exciting opportunity is located in Winnipeg, MB. The successful applicant willingly excels and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging workplace.
Mondetta Clothing is an internationally renowned clothing brand that has forged a sterling reputation based on the highest standards in design and manufacturing in over 25 years in the business.
- Design and develop men’s and women’s active and lifestyle collections for both private label and in-house brands
- Create line sheets for technical design and for offshore factory use
- Create storyboards/inspiration boards for upcoming collections
- Forecast fabrication, silhouette, print, colour, and trends
- Follow through from design creation to sample development
- Work with offshore vendors and manufacturers
- Responsible for lab dips, fabric construction feedback, and approvals
- Work closely with sales and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure the designs suit the clients, consumer, market, and end user
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- University graduate in Fashion Arts
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Must have expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Possesses fibre, yarn and fabric knowledge with a key emphasis on performance fabrications
- Knowledge of garment construction and fit
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- All candidates will be asked to provide a portfolio/sample of their work as part of the interview process
Quote Job Reference: #183405
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)