Accountant / Office Manager
Legacy Bowes Group
Our client, Deeley Fabbri Sellen Law Corp., is seeking an Accountant / Office Manager to lead their office operations.
Reporting to the Management Committee, you will be responsible for the oversight of day-to-day finance and accounting operations to ensure timely and accurate financial information with appropriate internal controls.
In this role, you will also manage the annual budgeting process, including preparing projections and conducting financial review and analysis to present budget scenarios for Management discussion prior to finalizing subsequent fiscal year budget. You will provide financial input to long-term strategic plan development and direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, or Business
- Previous experience in a legal environment an asset
- Strong accounting & finance background
- Highly motivated and highly organized
- Able to juggle competing priorities
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills; able to balance attention to detail & big-picture thinking
- Able to form strong confidential and supportive relationships with staff
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports monthly, quarterly, and annually in accordance with GAAP as well as provide other financial information to Directors, as appropriate, to inform decision making and action initiative. Financial performance reports are to be comparative to budget and historical data.
- Prepare cash flow projections based on existing balances (cash, receivables, lines of credit, accounts payable, commitments, budget items and knowledge of operating plans.
- Audit process, ensuring year-round compliance with GAAP.
- Timely and accurate preparation of all tax returns and other information as required.
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives.
- Review and manage, and establish as needed, new internal systems and controls, operations, processes and financial procedures to ensure the integrity of financial information and reporting.
- Evaluate and administer risk management and insurance policies.
- Contract management, lease agreements and contractual policies and procedures as needed.
- Direct and participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
- Manage revenue recognition and track and ensure compliance with funding restrictions.
- Maintain banking relationships and serve as primary liaison with financial institutions.
- Handles detailed, complex concepts and problems, balances multiple tasks simultaneously, and makes rapid decisions regarding administrative issues.
- Responsible and accountable for the smooth running of the firm’s computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
For more information about this position or Deeley Fabbri Sellen Law Corp., please contact Teri Berry, Senior Consultant, Legacy Bowes Group at (204) 934-8822.
Quote Job Reference: #193145
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)