Senior FX Artist
Rocket Science VFX
Salary Range: $95, 000 to $130, 000
Rocket Science VFX is an internationally recognized studio, collaborating with top tier film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. Our credits include Hannibal, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, Into the Badlands and The Expanse.
We are currently searching for a Senior FX Artist to join our talented team!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Help train junior artists in our Houdini workflow
- Create dynamics and simulation effects using rigid body, particle, fluid, pyro, cloth, fur and hair systems.
- Rendering FX elements or assisting in exporting to another renderer.
- Work within a collaborative team environment, contributing efficient design approaches for challenging FX shots.
- Regularly submit WIPs and take direction from CG and VFX Supervisors
Qualifications and Skills:
- At 6+ years experience in a live-action VFX Environment with a solid understanding of pipeline flow.
- Proficient with some or all of the following: Maya, Dynamics, Houdini FX, MEL scripting, Python as well as Nuke.
- Creative sensibilities with a strong understanding of real world physics.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve in a fast paced environment
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Eligibility to work in Canada
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)