James Evans and Associates Ltd.
WHO ARE WE?
JEA is one of Canada's leading pension software firms, and has been servicing the pension administration industry since 1979. We are known for solid, reputable, easy-to-use technology and our fantastic team of computer systems professionals.
Our pension administration products define what is possible with accuracy, efficiency and flexibility.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A fun and relaxed work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, and counselling benefits
- Company-sponsored RRSP-matching benefits
- Flexible hours
- Supportive and involved management
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
JEA needs a person who has a passion for excellence, wants to be part of a winning team, and is looking for a position that will bring fulfillment and advancement.
The Technical Architect provides design expertise and guides the development of IT system solutions to meet client business, operational, technical and security requirements. The Technical Architect provides leadership and oversight to ensure projects achieve desired outcomes, and contributes to excellence in the company’s architectural design capacity.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
As a member of the architecture team, you will fulfill the role of in-house expert regarding assigned aspects of technical architecture and contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of technical standards for the company - NAMELY:
- Developing and administering system/program-specific standards.
- Providing design recommendations that are consistent with JEA's long term development strategy.
- Supporting, developing and communicating domain-wide policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Identifying the need for changes to the company’s portfolio of technical standards.
- Leading the design, configuration and development of solutions to optimize performance, ease of expansion/maintenance and security, and developing enterprise-level solutions, including major enhancements, interfaces, functions and features.
Leading, consulting and/or overseeing multiple architectural projects, such as:
- Working closely with business analysts, product developers, quality assurance, testers, and clients regarding the definition of functional requirements.
- Ensuring requirements are validated and changes approved.
- Establishing system design, platform, and other parameters consistent with company and industry best practices.
- Overseeing deployments and integration testing.
- Creating and maintaining technical architecture documentation.
- Leading the resolution of issues and the implementation of fixes.
- Contributing to client communications/approvals and change management processes.
- Identifying architecture-related risks and developing mitigation strategies.
- Developing and maintaining expertise related to system component relationships, requirements and limitations.
- Conducting research and analysis, and developing options related to potential improvements, new technologies, etc., and preparing recommendations for management consideration.
- Developing and maintaining expertise in technical architecture; contributing to the enhancement of expertise within the company.
WHAT ARE YOU BRINGING?
- Diploma in a software development discipline is required; plus a degree in another relevant discipline preferred.
Recent related experience (within the past 5 years):
- Must have 3 years of experience:
- Developing highly effective technical solutions and projects across multiple specialized architecture domains.
- As technical architect, providing leadership and oversight to the timely creation of technology solutions.
- Working closely with business analysts and developers to develop technical specifications to guide the development of technology solutions.
- Leading technology development projects from inception to post-implementation review.
Pension system development experience, preferred.
Knowledge and skills:
- Leading edge and all aspects of technical architecture principles, standards, and best practices.
- Design principles and the software development life cycle.
- Information management, including privacy and security considerations.
- Able to provide technical leadership and oversight; coach and mentor other employees.
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)