SysOps / DevOps Engineer
RepRisk North America Inc.
We are a global leader and pioneer in data science, specializing in premium ESG and business conduct risk research and quantitative solutions. Since 2006, RepRisk has been leveraging artificial intelligence and curated human analysis to translate big data into actionable business intelligence and risk metrics. With daily-updated data synthesized in 20 languages using a rules-based methodology, RepRisk systematically flags and monitors material ESG risks and violations of international standards that can have reputational, compliance, and financial impacts on a company. Our flagship product, the RepRisk Platform, is the world’s largest database of its kind, consisting of 100k+ public and private companies and 25k+ projects of all sizes, in every sector and market. Leading organizations around the world rely on RepRisk as their key due diligence solution to prevent and mitigate ESG and business conduct risks related to their operations, business relationships, and investments.
In this role, you will work closely with software engineers, data scientists, product managers, and external providers to make sure all our systems are running smoothly, and we quickly respond to issues as they arise. You will use your strong engineering skills to prevent production problems and apply your problem-solving skills to fix any unanticipated issues.
You will focus on advising, architecting and delivering the full lifecycle of activities required to reshape an IT organization into a DevOps way of working.
- System maintenance and optimization (Linux servers, Atlassian development tool chain, Office365, MySql / Postgresql databases)
- Cyber security (audit logging, end-point management, internal penetration test, server security, application security, 2FA)
- System improvement (Logstash, Kubernetes, Azure AD)
- Developing and maintaining continuous integration and a continuous delivery pipeline
- Implementing platform reliability, high availability and security measures and monitoring thereof
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Identifying and evaluating new technologies
You have several years of experience in IT and you have built strong analytical skills and profound knowledge in computers system, server technology, cloud technology and cyber-security. You bring experience with agile environment, containerized DevOps workflows, continuous integration / delivery and build / deployment. You have the willingness to learn and explore new technologies to create fast, reliable, secure and high-quality systems.
As the successful candidate for this role, you are passionate about technology, with a deep interest in reliability, automation and cyber-security. You are keen to contribute ideas and love implementing workable solutions to problems. You are results-driven and maintain a pragmatic outlook without compromising quality. The position requires strong self-management, the ability to deliver on agreed-upon tasks, and to manage expectations even when under pressure. You must be fluent in English.
Experience and Education
- Solid experience in the tasks mentioned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant area
- Interest in sustainability would be an advantage
What we offer
- Being part a growing, experienced team that will offer support and the opportunity to enhance your technical skills and knowledge; ability to work in an agile development ecosystem using state-of-the-art open-source technologies
- Entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment with a young and motivated international team within an established company setting
- Open and flexible workplace
- Opportunity to make a significant contribution to the field of sustainability
Note: work authorization for the respective location is required
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)