Field Service Representative
Our client, Malvern Panalytical www.malvernpanalytical.com prides itself on exemplary customer service. We are looking for a highly motivated, customer-focused individual to fill an immediate opening for a Canadian Field Service Engineer position based in Toronto. Work in this position includes installations, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is self-directed and detail oriented.
Malvern Panalytical is a leading provider of scientific instrumentation for the measurement of elemental concentrations, crystallographic structure, molecular structure, remote sensing, rheology, particle size, particle shape, particle concentration and more– with the world’s largest installed base, an extensive product range and an unrivaled sales and service network. Our top priority is to provide the best Malvern Panalytical experience ever. That means we are relentlessly aiming for the highest quality customer care in order to maximize our customer’s economic growth targets. Our client is currently recruiting for a Field Service Representative.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Repair and maintenance of complex scientific and analytical instrumentation;
- Perform installation of equipment from delivery to sign-off;
- Perform diagnoses and supports remotely;
- Track case details within the Malvern Panalytical CRM system to document service history and data analysis;
- Perform preventive maintenance per maintenance schedule and Malvern Panalytical guidelines;
- Keep customers well informed and appropriate personnel on any open issues;
- Experience in electronics;
- Knowledge on applied physics, or in the chemistry field is an asset;
- Experience in precision mechanics;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent customer-relationship skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent ability to solve problems;
- Ability to make sound decisions under stressful conditions;
- Ability to effectively document actions taken;
- Ability to understand quickly customer needs and how best to handle these;
- Politeness and diplomacy;
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Good sense of initiative and ability to work with people at different hierarchical levels.
- Education: College degree in electronics technology or equivalent.
- Pertinent experience: 5 years of experience in customer support or in technical support.
- Language requirements: English
- Traveling: Up to 80% travel across Canada
This job requires to have a passport and a valid driver’s license.
- Company vehicle paid
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Group RRSP
- Group insurance
You will have the opportunity to work from your home office.
The masculine form used in this text includes both men and women. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Business Development Representative
Customer Care Agent - Bilingual
Field Technical Spt Rep V
President and Chief Executive Officer