Harris Leadership Strategies
The Property Registry (TPR) consists of two registries, the Land Titles Office and the Personal Property Registry. The Land Titles Office has six district offices in Manitoba and are located in Winnipeg, Brandon, Portage La Prairie, Morden, Dauphin and Neepawa. In Manitoba, Teranet; an international leader and pioneer in electronic land registry systems and commerce, has been licensed to operate TPR, proving certification of titles to land, maintaining land records and offering reliable information of financial interest in personal property to the public.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of IT, the Solutions Architect assumes the full technical ownership of the end-to-end solution and is primarily responsible for building and integrating unified information and computer systems. This critical individual contributes to the development and implementation of core business and IT department strategy and acts as a link to align TPR’s overall vision with technical architecture and process. TPR is seeking a strong communicator with the ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical strategies that will improve overall service delivery and effectiveness. If you enjoy understanding and executing on complexities, identifying patterns and trends, and integrating innovative solutions, consider this exciting opportunity with an evolving private enterprise!
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical designs that will be used in overall solution delivery, providing a roadmap for TPR and Teranet Manitoba with realistic objectives and metrics.
- Create innovative and cost-effective solutions to solve business problems and provide advice on technologies that would be suitable to use for various projects.
- Develop and implement IT policies, procedures and manuals as needed to provide future reference material.
- Orchestrate and triage the results of security scans, code analysis and vulnerability assessments.
- Play an instrumental role in architectural evaluation, design and analysis of enterprise technology solutions.
- Communicate the architecture and inner workings of existing systems at the data, application and infrastructure layers to staff and present options and technical solutions to senior IT and executive management.
- With management, act as a liaison between Ontario and Manitoba operations on applications and development related matters, ensuring continuity and consistency.
- Collaborate with Teranet Ontario to ensure quality services are provided to Manitoba, and develop and implement policies to ensure consistency.
- Post-Secondary degree in Computer Science or related discipline; Masters Degree is an asset.
- 5 years+ related experience in a customer-service driven IT role.
- 2 years+ experience in a comparable position architecting and designing applications, preferably in a mid-to-large organization working on mission critical applications.
- Superior business acumen and capacity to apply IT expertise to contribute to improving business outcomes.
- Aptitude for creative solutions, analytics, attention to detail and evaluation of risk.
- Takes initiative and has the ability to work with minimal supervision in an organized and deliberate way.
- Ability to communicate, mobilize, influence, develop, coach and direct teams to perform to their potential.
- Strong relationship building skills with an ability to explain technical ideas to non-technical individuals.
- Experience with NET, Java, Adobe, LiveCycle, API Design, REST, SOAP, DBMS (DB2, SQL Server), Shell scripting, Windows, Power Shell, Linux, CI/CD tools, Jenkins and/or JIRA are considered assets.
- Strong interest in innovative and leading-edge technologies, and has an aptitude for creative solutions.
- Experience implementing DevOps and/or Agile methodology, as well as enterprise architecture methodology and framework such as TOGAF would be considered assets.
Quote Job Reference: CJ19113
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)