Elephant Thoughts Educational Outreach
- Must be bilingual English/French
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods
- Teach and tutor students in your designated subjects
- Assist in the preparation of tutoring materials and lessons throughout the program
- Deliver programs to the highest teaching standards and in accordance with the Teachers Code of Conduct. Report any quality deficiencies
- Use your creativity to devise ways of increasing tutoring program participation and effectiveness.
- Assist other teachers when downtime permits
- Attend head office for training
- Give training to new teachers of programs on site or at head office as may be required
- Submit weekly reports in required format
- Ensure all participants in programs are aware of the our brand, mission and initiatives. Distribute literature and marketing material as appropriate
- Attend head office to prepare equipment and make inventory using provided packing lists to deliver specified programs
KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILLS ESSENTIAL
- Teaching/tutoring experience, preferably in Math and/or Science
- Excellent oral and written English and French
- Good presentation skills.
- Intermediate computer ability with MS Office, Powerpoint
- Advanced Internet research skills, email skills.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. boxes on wheels
- Ability to engage and motivate others.
- Flexible, energetic, team player,
- Punctual, reliable, open to new experiences, continuous learner.
- Experience in a multilingual, multicultural environment.
- Cultural sensitivity
- Problem solver, takes initiative, positive outlook.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license and ability to drive long distances on remote roads
- Current police clearance report with attention to vulnerable sector screening
- Available to travel to and between Northern Communities
- Adaptable to living conditions in remote Canadian communities
- Be in good health
KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILLS DESIRABLE:
- Teaching certificate
- Experience teaching children:
- Of various backgrounds
- With special needs
- Able to market ideas and support for education foundation
Job Type: Contract
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Supervisor of Purchasing - EXTENDED DEADLINE
Portfolio Delivery Manager
Manager, Pension and Benefits