Student Assistance Officer
Established in 1996, Liaison College is a private career college focused solely and exclusively on career training in the culinary arts.
From the beginning we focused on training the world’s future great chefs. Our chef training programs are meticulously designed by professionals in the hospitality industry, to provide students with the skills they need in today’s demanding restaurant and food services operations.
We are registered as a private career college under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005, We are also a Designated Learning Institute by Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Student Assistance Officer to join the team in our Toronto Campus.
Term: Permanent, Full time
Business Type: Private Career College
Job address: 2974 Lake Shore Blvd. W. Toronto, ON M8V 1J9
Number of Position: 1
Salary: $24.00 per hour
Reporting to the Campus Manager, with general directions and supervision from the Admissions Officers, Student Assistance Officer will assist with student admission and enrolment process, also work to enhance the quality of international students’ recruitment process. Working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment that is deadline driven, the officer will be responsible for completing the student enrolments from start to end. The officer will also assist new and current students with continuing education.
- Carry out administrative activities associated with admissions
- Assess student’s admission applications and submit to senior admission officer for review and decisions to admit or refuse applicants
- Administer complete student enrolment from application to admission by monitoring and organizing applications, reviewing transcripts, conducting entrance tests and arranging student enrollment contracts
- Inform prospective students and applicants of the application process, procedures, academic and program requirements, program suitability, and potential eligibility for admission
- Review and evaluate applications against College’s Admissions Requirements
- Advise students of the program duration outline and class schedules and deal with enquiries related to this
- Meet with and respond to inquiries from prospective students
- Prepare the Letters of Acceptance and complete the interview process
- Partner with other team to finalize enrolments
- Ensure accuracy and uniformity of materials sent to applicants throughout the admission cycle by monitoring information including email communications
- Gather and compile information required to maintain manuals and procedure documents
- Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Maintain a professional association with the College's network of local and overseas representatives and recruitment agents and keep them updated with the college programs, student intakes dates and availability of seats
- Coordinate services such as airport pick and accommodation for new international students
- May need to participate in orientation for International students
- Must have excellent proficiency in English language, both written and verbal. Knowledge of other languages will be a strong asset
- Graduate degree or Diploma
- Experience in office administration, experience in education environment is an asset.
- Professional and reliable
- Highly effective client services and organizational skills
- Team player and highly adaptive to work in culturally diverse environment
- Great command on Microsoft Office Applications, MS Excel and Adobe Professional for document processing. Working knowledge of cloud storage and document management system is an asset
- Having own vehicle is an asset
Start date: ASAP
Work hours: Minimum 35 to 40 hours per week.
Student Assistance Officer
student assistance officer
Accounting Officer (Chinese and English)
Financial Aid Officer (FAO)