Front Desk Agent
We are a family oriented seasonal resort just 5km south of the hustle and bustle of the Jasper town site. Located along the Athabasca River, with mountainous views and lots of green space – it is a very quiet and relaxing location for both guests and employees alike. As a team, we all work together to ensure that our guests have a very clean and memorable stay.
We have achieved many awards over the years, some of which include the “Employers of Choice” award through the Hotel and Lodging Association since 2014 – we treat our employees like family. The hotel associate of Canada “Green Key eco-rating award” earning 4 out of 5 gold keys is another award we have achieved, ensuring to do our part in reducing, reusing and recycling. We have been a “housekeeping award” recipient since 1989 along with achieving our level 3 in the Hotel and Lodging Associations “Health and Safety” program. We have also been nominated twice for the “communities in bloom” award - to name a few awards that we have achieved over the years and continue to achieve and strive towards.
We have many perks to offer our employees. Firstly, we do have shared staff accommodations on property (3 out of the 5 have been completely renovated over the past 2 winters). We offer a year-end performance based bonus at the end of your working contract, competitive wages, a free buffet breakfast on your day(s) off, discounts for our gift shop, discounts for family to stay at our resort, discounts for our restaurant on property, monthly staff BBQ’s, recognition – awards and swag for great performance, free white water rafting, free WI-FI, and the option of a few staff bicycles for purchase, to name a few.
Throughout the season, many of our employees learn how to work under pressure at times, learn how to problem solve, learn some customer service and learn how to deal with customer complaints, suggestions, feedback and compliments. Also, you will become a more team oriented person – hopefully with good team spirit while working towards a common goal – to name a few. Lastly and quite importantly, most of our employees leave here at the end of the season with lasting friendships and a very memorable experience.
- Ensuring that our guests have a positive and memorable first and last impression (upon check in and check out)
- Greet and welcome guests promptly and efficiently
- Answer all phone calls and emails promptly, politely and efficiently
- Help guests efficiently, politely and effectively
- Clean, organize, tidy, vacuum and restock the front office area – including behind the desk, the bathrooms, lounge area and gift shop.
- Check in and check out guests
- Handle cash and payments
- Make/change/cancel reservations – for the chalets, restaurant and white water rafting
- Answer all guest enquiries – be helpful, efficient, content and friendly
- Assist guests with tourist attraction information
- Fill out gift certificates
- Handle guest complaints/suggestions/compliments
- Handle and process chalet and gift shop transactions
- Communication interdepartmentally in an effective, efficient and polite manner
- Other front desk duties, as they arise
- No experience required but having previous front desk or customer service skills are an asset and will have priority
- The ability to learn quickly and retain lots of information
- Basic computer skills is a must
- The ability to work well under pressure and in high stress situations
- Proficient in English (in writing, speaking and understanding)
- Achievement-motivated to work with Becker’s Chalets to meet and surpass set realistic goals
- Must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests in a professional and polite mannered
- Self-confidence to take the initiative do what needs to be done
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good attention to detail
- Great Organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Customer service driven
- Polite and well mannered
- Honesty & Integrity
- Adaptability and Reliability
- Working under pressure at times
- Being able to handle both positive and negative feedback
- On-site training provided
- Staff uniform provided free of charge
- Paid 30 minute break
- free buffet breakfast (for days in the office, or on days off)
- When in front desk: approximately 7 hours per day (between 40 and 44 hours per week guaranteed).
- 6 days per week – 1 day off per week
- Shared staff accommodations available
- very competitive wages
- free buffet breakfast
- uniform provided free of charge
- season end bonus (at end of contract) based on performance
- Job Training provided
- Discounts on gift shop items, restaurant and chalets
- Free white water rafting
- Monthly BBQ's
- Recognition – awards and swag on work well done
- bicycle use options
- intermittent WIFI on property
- Training opportunities available
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)