Fabrication Shop Supervisor
Parr Metal Fabricators
Parr Metal Fabricators is a plate and sheet metal fabricator that specializes in steel, aluminum and stainless steel. The company has been in existence since 1976, fabricating a vast variety of products including pressure vessels, tanks, spools, stacks, large statue art projects to name a few.
Responsible for managing all aspects of the manufacturing operations, safety, customer service, maintenance, quality and product improvement
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities on the shop floor, manage day-to-day operation
- Interview, hire, train and discipline of shop employees
- Provide advice and direction to shop personnel in regards to the best fabrication and welding techniques for that specific task
- Organize daily, weekly or monthly project work flow in the shop via shop orders in a very fast paced environment
- Review and check daily time sheets and material requisitions
- Monitored material from purchasing and organize material arrival and manpower into the general shop flow
- Schedule production and ensure products are manufactured in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Check that product quality meets or exceeds all specifications required
- Ensure correct implementation of safety procedures. Work with the safety officer assisting in any of their concerns
- 5+ years managing a fabrication shop
- 10+ years welding/forming experience
- Ability to perform simply flat pattern layouts a defiant assist
- Graduate from an engineering technology program would be an assist
- Must be able to read and understand drawings
- Organization skills an absolute must
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
new! Get jobs like this to your e-mail automatically.
Sign up for Canadajobs.com Job Alerts (in just 15 seconds!)